How to deal with back pain
- If you have back pain, see an osteopath sooner rather than later
- Hours in one position can cause problems – avoid ‘computer hump’
- During repetitive tasks, vary your rhythm and take frequent breaks
- Adjust car seats and, on long journeys, take regular breaks to stretch
- Pace yourself with heavy work like gardening – don’t ‘risk a disc’
- Watch children’s posture – they shouldn’t carry bags on one shoulder
- During pregnancy, see an osteopath to help your body adjust to changes
- Avoid strain when lifting (particularly small children and shopping)
- Take regular exercise – your osteopath can help you find what’s right for you
- If symptoms do not clear up within a few days, consult your osteopath for advice and treatment
- If it hurts, don’t do it!
Currently seeing Dr Karen Willis for a back condition that "was" giving me quite a bit of pain.... Pain is no more... Very professional and attentive, Dr Willis has a very human approach with a great deal of empathy. She doesn't hold back any words in explaining what is being done and why. She inspires trust, and shows a real passion for her profession. Been feeling a great deal better. A HUGE THANK YOU!!! Would recommend to anyone.
- Alan Short